On April 7, we will be giving a presentation on intellectual property strategy, hosted by the Newton-Needham Chamber of Commerce. We will discuss some of the IP issues that business leaders should be paying attention to, but many are not. If you are able to make it on Thursday, we urge you to attend. Friends of the firm can save $5 off the cost of the seminar by using the discount code "shop local" (the price with the discount is $5 for Chamber members and $15 for non-members). REGISTER FOR THE SEMINAR BY CLICKING HERE.
Here are the details:
Build Your IP Parachute
Gaining Competitive Advantage and Building Company Value Through Strategic Use of Intellectual Property
7:30-9:00 a.m. (presentation to begin at 8:00 a.m.)
Chapelbridge Park at 55 Chapel Street in Nonantum
Join the Chamber for a discussion with Attorneys Ken Parker, Shaun Keough and Lawrence Zale of Parker Keough, LLP and Cayley Bell, the CEO and Founder of JigTime, Inc., regarding how Trademarks, Copyrights, Patents, Trade Secrets, and other Intellectual Property (IP) can give you strategic advantages over your competitors.
DID YOU KNOW?
- For many companies, IP is their most valuable asset – and they do little or nothing to protect it.
- Your company may have IP assets that you don’t even know about.
- Your company may be losing rights and IP assets that can be saved with minimal cost and effort.
- IP assets are often lost through poorly written contracts with employees, service providers, and independent contractors.
- Your brand name may be vulnerable to use by competitors if you don’t take steps to protect it.
- Strategic use of IP can help you reduce competition in the marketplace, increase your margin on sales, and reduce your potential liability with a few easy steps.
- Most of the value of a small business is in its unique ideas and identity.
Attys. Parker, Keough, and Zale will answer questions regarding how to identify and protect your company’s IP and how to use it to your company’s advantage. Mr. Bell will discuss his IP strategy and how it has generated value for his company.
Members of Parker Keough have provided IP counseling for small to mid-size businesses and nonprofits, including restaurants, retailers, service providers, and research organizations; leading companies, including GE, Tyco International, Oracle, Juniper Systems, ALSTOM Power, Inc., and BBA Remanufacturing; and nonprofits, including associations, schools, and universities. Read more about Parker Keough at: www.parkerkeough.com
Mr. Bell is breaking the mold in the entertainment app sector. His JigTime app recently won the coveted "Best Indie Beta" award at the 2016 MassDiGI Game Challenge. Read more about JigTime at: www.jigtimeapp.com
Registration, light breakfast and networking will begin at 7:30 a.m., presentation will begin promptly at 8 a.m. We hope to see you on Thursday!